Thursday, December 01, 2011

Playbook Apps. My Wishlist

As you may have guessed from the previous blog, I am quickly becoming a fan of the Playbook. As I write this, I'm syncing some files from my Dell Axim, so I can learn to use the productivity apps. As much as I am a fan of the Axim, I'm realizing its an older device and I would hate to have it suddenly stop on me. I do know the day is coming, after all, I've had it for at least 4 years and it was used when I purchased it. So it's going to stop working one day. I'm not hoping for that day to come soon, but I am being realistic. So I might as well figure out the various productivity apps now, rather then later. So I've been thinking of the apps I have and if I would like to see them on the Playbook. For the most part, yes. I am glad to see that both "The Score" and The Globe and Mail both have apps that are now installed on my Playbook. I noticed the Toronto Star isn't there, but then again why am I not surprised. For all its alleged nationalism, it's still the newspaper of Toronto and Toronto doesn't care much about the rest of Canada. Enough of my anti-TorStar screed. What about the apps, I was reading a review in the Globe about Tablets and they do rank the Playbook very high. The caveat is the lack of apps. I was chatting with an employee of RIM, hi Sheldon and he told me, the more Playbooks out there the more apps that will be developed. He also challenged me to make mine own. I'm thinking about it. What apps would I like, that is the question. What I would like to see is, more photo editing apps. The Playbook has a 5megapixel camera in it, that's quite an impressive piece of hardware, why not give some good photo editing apps to take full advantage of this fact. I have on my ipod Touch a BeFunky app and FX PhotoStudio. Both offer photo editing as well as the ability to add enhancements through effects and filters. Now likely apps with different effects are available and its a matter of me finding them, but I know from personal experience the two I've mentioned are quite good. I think they would both add a lot of good photo editing ability to the Playbook. Along with those, I'm thinking of the various apps that have to do with posting pictures to the various social networks: Twitrpix, Twitpic, Pikchur and so on and so forth, even Brightkite would be great. Again, they have apps and they have filters that can be used to enhance the photographs. They also make it easier to post to Twitter and Facebook, which is a good thing. This can be a great social device and I truly believe its potential has not been met yet.

1 comment:

LoricFowlere said...

Nick Jonas released "Close (feat. Tove Lo)" overnight, the first single from his new album, Last Year Was Complicated New Yeezy Shoes (out June 10 via Island Records). The duo's music video will Coach Handbags Clearance drop Friday morning. This is the part Cheap Jordan Shoes For Men of the vault where it looks as though Wurster should just fall back to the ground. The reason he doesn is that the bent pole acts like a coiled spring. The Coach Outlet Sale fibreglass and carbon fibre poles come in different lengths and stiffness, just as hockey sticks do.

Shades may be put on Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale to acquire a couple of a silly joke through friends while you become any suave celebrity. They Michael Kors Outlet Online are able to help make Cheap Air Force Ones your seem great and hip when you are in the sun. You can acquire a reasonably listed make of Safety Sunglasses from a mall or an expensive Oakley (or any other style brand name) pair.