Saturday, June 26, 2010


The Garden: 26 days later


I was going over some past blogs and I came across the one from the end of May. I was taken aback by how much the garden had changed in a matter of 26 days, almost 4 weeks. I decided to take a new photograph of the same patch from what I hope was the same angle:



As you can see, the zucchini is now in full bloom, in fact a number of blossoms are making their presence known





Even the tomatoes and eggplants are starting to blossom:







This is truly the fun part of gardening, when all the hard work of turning over the soil, adding more compost and topsoil, weeding and watering brings about this. It is amazing when you think about it, a little seed, a bit of dirt and water, or should I say soil, bring about this tremendous growth. Alright, I will admit, i bought seedlings for the eggplants and tomatoes, still I guess the environment must be good enough to bring about this growth.

Jesus said:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.


This is how it all happens, a seed, a seedling, goes into the ground and the wonder happens.

Thomas Jefferson wrote this about gardening:
Those who labour in the earth are the chosen people of God, if ever he had a chosen people, whose breasts he has made his peculiar deposit for substantial and genuine virtue. It is the focus in which he keeps alive that sacred fire, which otherwise might escape from the face of the earth.


Feel like being a chosen one? Invest in some seeds and a few garden implements.

1 comment:

Furniture Repairs Tyler said...

I really enjoyed your blog post