Friday, March 23, 2007



My New iPod


Last month my iPod Mini developed some problems the main one being I couldn't sync with the iTunes Music software. It happened suddenly and swiftly. After reading the information on the Apple iPod page, I came to the conclusion that this is a problem. So I dug out my warrenty and went to theBestBuy store. They took it and told me they had 60 days to repair the problem or replace. This was in February.

Just a few days ago, I got a phone from the store. They came to the conclusion that it was far more expensive to repair the problem then to replace it. I was invited back to consider a new iPod, and my choice was the 4Gig iPod Nano. I stuck with my favourite colour and so I went for the blue.

It's quite an impressive little devise, smaller and thiner then my Mini, in fact when I first saw them I wondered if I would lose it. The screen is colour and one of the features is that music downloaded from the Store will show the album cover when the song is played. It also has a picture viewer but I haven't used that yet. It's nice to have the iPod back, even if it is a new one.

One plan for my new iPod is to discover if I can use it with Ubuntu. According to an article in Linux Journal it is possible to use the iPod with Ubuntu. I will do some more reading of that article and a few more to learn how it happens. I know I have some of the software installed on my laptop.

No comments: