Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Welcome to Thru the Bible Radio--The Bible Study Program Taught by Dr. J. Vernon McGee! - Thru the Bible

This has been a special week for those who enjoy the radio ministry of the late Dr. J. Vernon McGee. His radio program "Thru the Bible Radio" is starting another 5 year series of going through the Bible. As they like to say, the Bible Bus is just starting to pull out of the station and start another journey through the entire word of God.

I've been a listener for over 20 years and this is a very exciting moment.

I don't listen to Dr. McGee on the radio anymore, since I don't know what stations broadcast him in my area, but that doesn't matter. Thanks to the Apple iTunes Music Store I can download the program to my iPod Mini and listen to the programs at my convenience. As well, the programs are also available for listening on my computer so again I'm not limited.

So, if you want a good solid study of the Bible, this is a good place to start. His approach is straight-forward and clear. As he enjoyed saying, he always placed the cookie jar on the bottom shelf where the kiddies can get some. What he meant was this, a simple approach which appealed to the long time student of the Word and the first timer.

Give him a listen.

No comments: