Tuesday, July 12, 2005

For this blog, I thought I'd mention three of my favourite podcasts. Now that iTunes has a feature that will collect blogs, I thought I'd mention the three I listen too regularily. Mind you, I don't listen to them on my iPod, I listen to them on my Dell Axim. Since it has wifi access I can download and then listen to the MP3 file on the Media Player.

Here they are: the first is techphile. It has a number of things going for it, the first is, it's Canadian. The second is the interviewer has done some great interviews over the past little while; people such as Kevin Rose, Leo Laporte, Mikey from Call for Help, Andy Walker and Amber MacArthur.

The second is diggnation. The format is simple, Kevin Rose and Alex Albrecht sit around and talk about the stories that are making it on Digg.com. Digg.com is, to quote the website: "Digg is a technology news website that combines social bookmarking, blogging, RSS, and non-hierarchical editorial control. With digg, users submit stories for review, but rather than allowing an editor to decide which stories go on the homepage, the users do". Kevin and Alex talk about these stories, giving their own unique spin. What makes it interesting, besides bringing together the former hosts of The Screen Savers, is that it's casual and informative. Sure they sit around, shoot the breeze and drink beer, but you know these guys are techies and know what they are talking about.

The third is THIS WEEK IN TECHNOLOGY or TWIT. This features Leo Laporte, Patrick Norton, Kevin Rose, Yoshi and guests. Yes it's the TechTV podcast and it's great. If you like your tech hard core and funny then listen.

follow the links, follow the instructions and enjoy some of the best tech podcasts out there. If you like any of them you can vote for them at Podcast Alley.com.


Emjoy

No comments: