Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Hey, I've been doing this blogging thing for a year now! Happy birthday to this site. As I read some of my posts I'm amazed at the level of ranting that went on, especially during the federal election. Guess I got a little overheated there. Not that I'm at all apologetic, those scondrels deserve a few litres of my bile.

What I have also learned is there is more then going off on a triade, need balance in life to have a full rich one. So, here's a few things that have interested me over the weekend.

1) Just finished reading Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland. I have been a long time fan of his writing and it's amazing what he does. He writes fascinating stories about ordinary people. This one deals with a woman, Liz who is alone. She is like the character from the Beatle song "Eleanor Rigby", in fact she uses that name for her email, she has no real friends and only interacts with her family; no one calls, no one visits, she is one of those lonely people. She is the type that is ignored, then her son comes to back in her life, a child conceived during a school trip to Europe. Her life changes and, well read the book if you want to know more. What has impressed me about Douglas Coupland's book is the spiritual undercurrent that exists, his characters are often searching for more meaning to their lives and often there is a quest for God. This book is no different. I will confess there were tears in my eyes at the end, it is that good.

2) Moby's new CD is great. Hotel is great and worth purchasing and listening on the home stereo or the Ipod, where mine is.


Yesterday I had off, it was good to relax after a busy weekend.


Peace

No comments: