Saturday, August 07, 2004

Back from the trip down south. I can say it was a great time, the food was fabulous and seeing family that I haven't seen in a decade was great. Also met some new second cousins for the first time. As mentioned it was at the Elijah Clark State Park near Lincolnton Georgia. It is a delightful camp and if travels take you there, it's worth the stop. The place has cabins which quite frankly rival some hotels. At the park there is the burial plots of Elijah and Hannah Clark a small museum, hiking trails and a beach to swim at, a great place to visit.

After that we did get to Six Flags over Georgia. A fun time was had by all. There are a number of fun roller coasters, my favourite turned out to be the last one I rode, the Superman Ultimate Flight one. It is one of those flying roller coasters where you don't sit, or stand, but fly with the tracks either above you or below you. Yes you fly upside down and go through a number of loops and turns. It is great. I'm only sorry I waited until the end of the day. Other fun coasters were the Ninja and the Georgia Scorcher. I do enjoy a good coaster.

The journey home was uneventful.

Let me say it's always important to learn something and here's what I learned.

1) the waffle is king
2) the greatest invention is the waffle iron
3) Southerns are very proud of their culture
4) it is hot down south but it appears people are used to it.
5) the South is beautiful, the ugly states are Michigan and Ohio.


I know I've lost some training days but still managed to do 30k on the bike in 1hr 13 minutes. Not bad. Tomorrow I'm running.

Peace

No comments: