Saturday, May 22, 2004

Yahoo! Sports - NHL - Lightning 2, Flyers 1

You want to talk about nervous, that's what I was watching the third period of the 7th game. Thursday game drained me to be honest, I thought it was in the bag and then when Keith Primeau scored the tying goal. It was one of those goals you just knew was going to go in. Philly had the Bolts on the heels for the third period and then the overtime. It was a terrible.

To be honest I didn't want to watch game 7, but in the end I'm glad I did. I stared at that little clock in the upper left corner of the screen,it didn't go down fast enough. I counted down all the time. The first half I felt very nervous, I had this great dread that any moment, Philly would score the tying goal and it would be 'deja vu all over again'. What i feared was this. Another shot into the net by Keith Primeau. Let me say something about Keith Primeau, he is the MAN. This guy is incredible he is the team leader. He influenced game 6 it was he who decided they were not going to lose that night. I have nothing but the greatest admiration for the guy, he is great.

Enough of the Flyers, except to say "In your face, Bobby Clarke", enjoy another summer without the Cup. It's now the Bolts' time to enjoy the Stanley Cup Final. I will be wearing my jersey for each game. I got to tell you I was counting down the last 30 seconds. I couldn't believe it, the team I had cheered for since day one, the team that had such horrible seasons, is now going to the dance. I am so looking forward to this series.

There has been some great hockey this year: memo to the NHLPA and the NHL, don't screw it up!!! Get the CBA signed, sealed and delivered to the hockey fan, we want the momentum to continue.

I know what some of you are thinking, hey aren't you a Canadian?? Shouldn't I be cheering for the Flames?? Well, every other year the answer would be 'yes', but not this year. I am a Bolt Fan and proud to wear the Jersey. I hope that Calgary and Tampa gives all us hockey fans a great series and truly may the best team win. Personally I'm hoping that best team will be the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Bring on the Cup Finals


Peace

No comments: